At Nottingham Folk Dance Group we take your privacy seriously.
- We store your contact details on computer and paper for the purposes of administering the group and for your safety.
- We will not pass your details on to any third party without your consent.
- We do not share contact details with any third parties e.g.: other clubs or marketing organisations.
- In an incident where you are incapacitated we will use your emergency contact information to contact a family member or friend whose details you have given us.
- Any member under the age of 16 must have a nominated adult to provide consent for data protection.
- We keep the following data about members on computer and on paper:
- Name, address, postcode, email, phone, emergency contact (name & phone)
- Data is held for the following purposes:
- Inform members of event cancellation
- Inform members of NFDG activities and other events which may be of interest
- Inform emergency contact when necessary
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the effectiveness of our website. All data gathered is anonymous, and no cookies are stored when you access our website.
- We retain records for lapsed members for up to 5 years.
- Details will be removed from our records on request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not wish your data to be stored, you can still be a member and gain membership benefits.
- Data will be reviewed for accuracy at each membership renewal.
- Passwords protecting electronic data will be strong and changed at least every 90 days
- Computers holding NFDG data will be protected by up to date anti-virus systems
Photographic and video images
Images of club members in action are a powerful marketing tool and help potential new members to see what we do. Photographs and videos are used on the NFDG website and on our social media platforms.
- Clear warning will be given before any images are taken by announcement at the event.
- Images will only be taken by an authorised person.
- Image consent will be obtained before publication.
- All images are carefully selected for quality before publication.
- Anyone wishing to be excluded from any and all images may request this in confidence from the Chairman.
- Anyone requesting that an image of themselves or their relative be removed will have their request processed as soon as reasonably possible.
- The names of the persons in the images will not be tagged or displayed.
Data Access and Removal Requests
Please contact the chairman
of the group to:
- Obtain a copy of the data we hold about you.
- Request removal of data or images related to you.
Your request will be processed as soon as reasonably possible.